Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dear Otto

Dude, you are the coolest.  Everyday you amaze me with more words that you can say, but more than that, entire concepts you not only understand, but can express to me.  While all of your developmental milestones have been wonderful to experience, nothing compares to gaining the ability to communicate so quickly.  You still feel the need to scream at the top of your lungs, which thanks to you being my child is incredibly loud, a fair amount of the time but I am dealing with that by telling myself it is just a phase.  However if you wanted to grow out of that soon it would be a-okay with me.

Still with all of the momentous things that you have been doing lately, there is one I would like to mention.  I hope that by talking about this it won't end it, but it is too good not to share.  For whatever reason, and really anything is fine with me, you have decided to sleep in.  Since you were born you never really slept past 6:30 and there have been long stretches of time when you woke up before 5, God help us.  But all of the sudden we aren't hearing from you until almost 8!  I will admit to being certain you had stopped breathing and checking on you the first few times.  Really, what can you expect.  I would have thought that 7 was glorious and 7:30 far too decadent, but 8, it really is more than a girl could hope for.

Maybe this is you way of being nice to me and giving me a little break before you little sibling is born and my sleep is once again thrown totally out the window.  If it is, it is the best present you could ever give me and I promise to get you whatever hotwheels you want.

You have always seemed like a happy person but now that you are talking so much I really do think you are a jolly soul.  I hope we continue to have as much fun together as we are now.  

love,
mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. I can remember thinking the very same thing about a very happy adorable, smart little girl - must have been about 25 years ago