Monday, March 23, 2009

Quick

I only have a short moment, but I thought I would jot a few things down while I am thinking about it. I just did my first pilates workout in ages and am sure to be too sore to think for the next few days! Anyway, kudos to me for successfully managing to take both kids to the grocery store today. That is quite an undertaking. One I think I might try to avoid if possible in the future. Still it went very well. Otto was an angel which made it go smoothly. The entire time he talked about how he was a race car or race car driver. He thinks the annoying Weis theme song they play all the time is "Lightning McQueen music" and starts dancing every time he hears it. It is quite adorable. He insisted on wearing his Ferrari outfit all day which made the trip that much cuter. He also told eric this morning that Kimi Riakonnen was inside him. Creepy and funny all at once!

Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting to mention, Otto had his two year check up. He is doing well. The doctor thinks language and cognitively he is about a year to a year and a half advanced. She was quite impressed that he knew his full name and address. Also his counting skills were a hit. He can also draw circles and lines thanks to my mom which the doctor was impressed with as well. His head is on the small side, but since he is not showing any developmental problems the doctor is not worried. He is 27 pounds post stomach flu and we think 34ish inches tall. He won't stay still enough to get a good measure on that.

Because he is growing so much we took him to get new sneakers this past weekend. There is a great shoe store one town over where they really take the time to measure your kids foot and find the shoe that best fits him or her. I thought we would be getting more Stride Rites but after trying on 5 pairs and not finding one the man felt "gave him the fit he was looking for" he brought out a pair of Sauconys. They are blue and orange so we called them the Bucknell shoes. They seemed to fit him the best and since that is all that really matters we got him the Bucknell shoes. I am fine with them, except for the fact that they are really big boy looking shoes. How can he have big kid shoes already??!! I will get a picture to show you, but it is really hard on a girl.

Mette continues to do well. Last night she did all three and four hour stretches and slept until 5 in the cosleeper. At 5 she wanted to play and it took awhile to convince her to go back to sleep, but she did so all was well. She is starting to be a bit more fussy during the day, but I think some of that is frustration about being a baby who can't do anything. As she gets older that will go away. She is still super snuggly and adorable so I don't mind.

No comments: