Thursday, March 26, 2009

Smiles

I received my weekly "what your baby is up to" email from BabyCenter earlier this week about Mette's 6 week of life. Same old, same old, she is growing etc... but they also mentioned that around this time most babies start to really smile. Not just I have gas or something else fun like that. I hadn't seen anything like that from Mette despite all the silly faces I make at her trying to coax out something. Yesterday morning while changing her diaper she looked at me, made eye contact and made the biggest grin ever! Not once, not twice but three times. She was clearly seeing it was me and enjoying it. I totally forgot how much you melt the first time they do that. I was filled with the immediate feeling of "she loves me" this little person that I have been spending every waking, and sleeping, moment with for quite some time now has decided that I might be all right. It is quite a wonderful feeling.
She went on to steal my heart by sleeping for almost an hour in the swing allowing me to clean the living room and kitchen, then eating and sleeping all the way to and through playgroup. And if that wasn't enough, she slept the whole way home AND stayed asleep long enough to eat lunch before she woke up!! That never happens. Then I went and had tomato sauce with dinner last night and she was up with gas and fussy for a lot of the night. We had thought that was something that was bothering her, but now we know for sure. Poopy for me, no pesto (garlic) and no tomato sauce. How am I going to eat pasta??

ok, must run, children are up....

No comments: